Moodle 2.3 manual for teachers
|Stránky:||TULen: Kurzy angličtiny na TUL|
|Kurz:||TULen: Kurzy angličtiny na TUL|
|Kniha:||Moodle 2.3 manual for teachers|
|Datum:||Úterý, 10. prosinec 2019, 20.46|
introduction to Moodle 2.3 for teachers
1. Common teacher problems
solving common problems of teacher
If you have network LIANE account (recommended), use the login name: firstname.surname and network password, enter these into the corresponding fields in the block "Login" on the front page.
If you have no LIANE account, you must create a new account on Moodle. [Note that loging (I) using account LIANE and (II) by creating a new mail account can not be combined!]
Username cannot contain accents (diacritics, commas, spaces), we recommend use of a pattern: firstname.surname (krestni.prijmeni).
After completing new account forms, the system will send an e-mail to address provided during registration.
You should confirm your account by clicking on a link placed in the mail and you can log into Moodle.
First login to Moodle. After successful login into the system, write to administrator, and I will immediately assign you course creator rights.
1.1. Student self-enrolment
in course block Settings (on left): click Users / Enrolment methods
in column Edit click on Hand with pencil icon
Allow Self enrolment = Yes
Enrolment key = password for first time entering the course
you can set welcome message to student
1.2. Unenrol users
in course block Settings (on left): click Users / Enroled users
in the last column click X to delete
1.3. Role switching
Roles can be switched in Settings block. It can be useful if you want to see course as student.
1.4. Adding a resource
Adding link to web page (URL)
File picker window is opened
The major parts shown are:
- The repository column
- The file picker column
- Upload a file repository link - for this Context
- Server files - those files you have permission to access
- Folders in System/English/Moodle Features Demo - these contain files
- Repositories - for example, Dropbox, Google, Flickr, Wikimedia
Meaning of editor icons
Adding link to a file in editor
write some text label for link, select label text and click Insert link icon in editor
in next window click File browse icon and you can upload or choose files
1.5. Adding an activity
You should Turn editing on (block Settings on the left).
Choose activity, e.g. Assignments
In version 2.3 you can set Assignment type only by change
of Submission settings. Assignment/Online
text (good for short texts with easy
- Online text = Yes
- File submissions = No
Assignments/Upload a single file (useful for big or formatted documents)
- Online text = No
- File submissions = Yes
Assignments/Offline activity (results of tests)
- Online text = No
- File submissions = No
- Feedback Comments = Yes
If you use Assignments/Online text do not forget to set Comment inline = Yes during editation of assignment settings. It copies student text into Feedback window for easy corrections.
1.6. YouTube video links in mail
If I link to a video on youtube, I would like students to see the
original word in the text and then follow the link to view the
video on youtube.
However, when I insert the weblink (copied from the address bar on youtube) everything looks OK in my original email, BUT the email students receive has the original word missing. Instead of the word with a hyperlink the whole youtube video is embedded.
When I get it in thunderbird there is just a blank space. You can see the original word if you run the cursor over the blank space.
this problem is given by automatic YouTube filter that works only in Moodle not on local computer...
- students should click on See this post in context and after login they can see everything
- and/or in message text write text and link it to YouTube and directly after link write address again as text (not link): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP59tQf_njc, e.g.: spin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP59tQf_njc, in 2nd case students can see YouTube resource address in mail: unfortunately it is not a link, but can be copied to browser
- and/or in message text write text and link it to YouTube and after first link write second link to shortcut url (generated by some short link generator; http://tinyurl.com/). This is universal but a rather cumbersome method, students can see YouTube resource address in mail and it is a link.